New Webinar Series!
All-new content, combining insights from biology, evolutionary psychology, ego psychology, somatics, the Enneagram, and the Fourth Way to bring you a fresh, multi-dimensional approach to your personal and spiritual development
The Road to Self With
Presence, the Instincts, and the Enneagram
June through November 2018
What does it mean to individuate, to become a conscious adult who is seated in his or her unique presence?
How do we get trapped in the Personality’s struggle to maintain a sense of separateness, unable to receive the full gifts of our embodiment and our spiritual nature?
This webinar series deepens the insights from our introductory series on the Instinctual Drives by bringing them into contact with the logos and the Passion of each Enneagram type. Through this exploration, we will sharpen our understanding of how each type lives in a chronic tension, confusing their attempts to meet the unresolved physical needs of their youngest days with the search for their deepest Essence and the true nature of their hearts.
When we learn to observe and sense these old patterns, we can begin to dissolve the tension of our unconscious instinctual needs, and move toward acceptance, integration, and true choice and freedom.
For each of the Nine Enneagram types, we will discover:
- The fundamental autonomy conflicts that trigger the basic fears of the each instinctual drive
- The interaction pattern between the dominant instinct and the Passion of each Enneagram type
- How physical needs and type reactivity combine to put the body into a stress state that separates us from presence
- How each type searches for “instinctual supplies” in all the wrong places
- How to better observe and regulate yourself so that you can come back to presence
Join us to step into the possibility of:
- Greater resilience: An expanded capacity for self-observation, attention, and presence through the ups and downs of life
- Real personal and spiritual growth: Attending to the true developmental needs of your individual organism
- Compassion for self and others: Tending to the body, opening the heart
Is This For You?
Yes, if you’re someone with any level of background in the Enneagram who wants to experience a groundbreaking approach to deepening your understanding of Personality and…
- You’re open to sincere inquiry and new ways of working with the Enneagram
- You’re interested in experiencing the power of working with your body to understand and integrate cognitive learning
- You’re interested in probing the deep motivations of yourself and your family, partner, children, friends, colleagues, and clients
If you’re brand-new to the Enneagram and this is calling to you, contact us and let’s talk about whether it’s a good fit and how you can be prepared to participate.
Watch a Free Preview
Based on feedback from folks who watched the preview live, we’d like to share a few thoughts with you:
- This series may be unlike other Enneagram courses you’ve taken. All New York Enneagram classes emphasize the importance of developing Presence. Presence begins with learning to be with the sensations of the body, which provide the foundation for the opening of the heart and head. Will you have more cognitive knowledge at the end of this course? Absolutely! And, you’ll also have a lot more sensitivity to the wisdom of your body and your heart. Our premise is that real growth starts from the bottom up (from sensation in the body) rather than from the top down (from ideas in the head).
- We packed a lot of high-level information into a very short time period. There are a lot of new ideas in this preview, and fully integrating and applying these learnings requires experiential practice. We’ll have plenty of time to unpack and practice with the material in the full series. If you watch the video and feel like “Wow, that was a firehose of new ideas and information coming at me,” or “Hey, that was intriguing, but I’m not sure I totally get it,” that would be a completely normal reaction. Having your usual sense of “knowing” disrupted is a fantastic place to be if you want to cultivate greater Presence.
- We’d be happy to talk if you want help deciding if this series is for you. If you’ve got questions, or would like to have a short chat about what you heard in the preview, please contact us, and we’ll arrange a mutually convenient time to speak. No hard sales pitches, we promise — we only want you in the class if you want to be there!
p.s. we had a major tornado-like storm that knocked out power and the internet in the NYC area the night before this preview, and we had to scramble to find a new recording location. As a result, the audio on the preview is not as high quality as usual. We hope that won’t happen again, and will re-record any future sessions if the quality is not good enough.
What You’ll Receive
Unique content and learning approaches presented on live webinars via easy-to-use Zoom.
In each session, you’ll receive:
- Brand-new Enneagram insights and material, based on extensive research into the Instincts and Personality
- In-class practices, visuals, and videos that provide multiple ways to integrate your learning
- Q+A for live attendees
- Handouts with key insights
- Video recording in case you have a conflict or want to revisit the material at any time
- Get three 1.5-hour sessions with a Basic package (choose one center)
- Get nine 1.5-hour sessions with Core and Premium packages (get all three centers and more!)
Additional benefits for Core and Premium participants:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of personality by learning about all Nine Types – insights that will shape your relationship with yourself, friends + family, colleagues, clients
- Private Facebook group where you can ask questions and continue to work with the material between sessions
- One-hour coaching session for Premium participants
*Coaching session to be scheduled at a mutually convenient time with Julie or John
Session Dates and Times
All sessions on Wednesdays from 12:00-1:30 pm Eastern Time.
All sessions recorded. Attend live or watch later.
- June 13: Type 8
- June 27: Type 9
- July 11: Type 1
- September 5: Type 2
- September 19: Type 3
- October 3: Type 4
- October 17: Type 5
- October 31: Type 6
- November 14: Type 7
Sign up for any package by May 30, 2018 and get your choice of bonus:
- Instinctual Drives Webinar Series: Both of April’s previously recorded webinars covering the Self-Preservation, Sexual, and Social Drives. Four hours of all-new content with visuals, video and practice ($60 value)
- A 30-minute laser coaching session any time during the webinar series ($75 value)
You’ll be prompted to choose your bonus when you complete your Zoom registration.
- Choose your package below: Basic, Core, or Premium
- After your Paypal order is complete, you will directed to register on Zoom. Once you complete your Zoom registration, you will receive a link that can be used to access the live webinars.